Vending water solutions where consumers pay with a pre-paid card each time they collect water.
- Provide access to purified water to everyone independent of income;
- Make sure the cost of operating the purification installation is earned back. Imagine a cost of S/. 0.02 per litre
- A sustainable solution is reached: people have access to something basic --> clean water; and pay for it in order for another person to earn an income
This is how it works:
- A purification system is installed to make sure that the quality of the water meets drinking guidelines of Digesa
- At the dispensing (or tappoint) a prepaid dispensing unit is placed. This ensures that water is only dispensed when a consumer holds a card against the prepaid dispensing unit.
- Prepaid cards can be charged according to your cost setup, e.g.:
- Families pay nothing but get a card with a limited amount of water credits
- Families pay S/. 0.05 per litre, for those who can afford it
- Families pay as high as is reasonable to create jobs and other benefits
- A profesional Point-of-Sale terminal that can be used anywhere in the world allows an authorized person to charge the pre-paid card.
- Improved health that is by far the biggest benefit by something so easy to be achieved
- It is great for the environment, no more waste of plastic bottles!
- The prepaid cards contains all the information of the person (family) owning the card. This means how much water the person tapped, when and where.